Can a Linksys 942 dial alpha numeric numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael1973, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1973

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if a linksys 942 can dial out to alpha numeric numbers? We want to start using skype accounts for our field and home based staff. So we would like people in the main office to be able to dial the field staff's skype id via their desktop linksys 942 phone. Is this possible? I have tested using 3cx softphone and this works fine buti am unable to get the linksys 942 to dial out to skype id.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm thinking no, as the internal dialplan of the phone is set up for numeric input. But, nothing surprises me. What I do is create a speed call list beginning with the number "1" (as i don't use that digits for anything else). Any number (or Skype party) can be in the list. For a Skype call, you would create an outbound rule..example... Bob Loblaw Skype, digits 123, 3 digits long, remove 3 digits, append bobs_skype_address, send out on the skype trunk. Of course you would have to create an entry (outbound rule) for any alpha numeric Skype calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.