• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

can a speed dial rule trigger a rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftermarket

Reaction score
started playing with 3cx pbx and i'm unsure to whether it can do afeature that our old pbx used to do. we have a rule set up that constantly diverts to our mobiles however when we're in our office we only get signal 70% of the time. our old pbx had a button mapped so we could turn the mobile divert on and off this made it so if we did get an office call it would forward to our mobile which would then force the customer to leave a message.

so the question is does anybody know if this can be done and how? we're using the cisco 504g phones

You could probaby use the in office our of office mode and the assistant, or you can genereate a custom profile. Simply use the assistant to switch between profiles. You can even switch it using the voicemail menu.

could this be mapped to a button?

May I suggest two things?

Firstly, in V9 call forwarding you can have the pbx call your mobile AND your phone at the same time. You put in your mobile number in the extension setup.

As Mark said, you can also use custom rules (away, out of office, custom1 etc.) which can be set using the assistant or the voice mail menu. I think you can program a speed dial to do this with the relvant pauses (e.g. 999 pause, pin, pause, 1(i think), pause, key for the status (e.g. 2).

Secondly (and nothing to do with PBX's) some cell phone companies such as Verizon have "office towers". These are designed for your situation where the signal gets lost in the office. You have a small box which acts as a mini cell tower for your phones and connects to your internet back to the carrier. Think of it as wifi for cell phones. The box is inexpensive ($90 from memory) and works well. You can buy Verizon's one online so i guess you can get the other providers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.