Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can Avaya 9640 phone work with 3cx?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lavrichev, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavrichev

Does anyone know how to make Avaya 9640 phone to work with 3cx PBX? What firmware I should use: SIP or H323? This is the first time I have to deal with Avaya phones and I need your advise.
    Thank you!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The documentation says it supports SIP, and that would be the one to go for. I'm not sure of the availability/functionality of all features. While many SIP phone will have basic functions working, unless a set is fully supported (read... tested to work with 3CX), there may be some things that do not function, as expected.

3. lavrichev

I figured that the SIP is the way to go. I downloaded the files for Avaya phone but I don't know where to put them. The phone, when it starts, is looking for 96xxupgrade.txt on HTTP://<IP address of file server>:411. Is there a place on 3cx to put those files to?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You will probably have to set up a tftp server, and direct the set to upload the firmware from there.

I've worked with one other (1100 series) Avaya/Nortel set, and this site was a lot of help. There may be some information of use, especially to do with getting the SIP firmware into the set.

http://blog.michaelfmcnamara.com/2011/01/avaya-ip-1100-series-ip-phone-upgrade-to-sip/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.