Can Avaya 9640 phone work with 3cx?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lavrichev, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavrichev

Does anyone know how to make Avaya 9640 phone to work with 3cx PBX? What firmware I should use: SIP or H323? This is the first time I have to deal with Avaya phones and I need your advise.
    Thank you!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The documentation says it supports SIP, and that would be the one to go for. I'm not sure of the availability/functionality of all features. While many SIP phone will have basic functions working, unless a set is fully supported (read... tested to work with 3CX), there may be some things that do not function, as expected.

3. lavrichev

I figured that the SIP is the way to go. I downloaded the files for Avaya phone but I don't know where to put them. The phone, when it starts, is looking for 96xxupgrade.txt on HTTP://<IP address of file server>:411. Is there a place on 3cx to put those files to?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You will probably have to set up a tftp server, and direct the set to upload the firmware from there.

I've worked with one other (1100 series) Avaya/Nortel set, and this site was a lot of help. There may be some information of use, especially to do with getting the SIP firmware into the set.

http://blog.michaelfmcnamara.com/2011/01/avaya-ip-1100-series-ip-phone-upgrade-to-sip/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.