• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can dial extension one way but not the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihs

Reaction score
Can anyone help?

I have two extensions set up 004 & 005.
I can ring internally from 005 to 004 but when i try the other way round the softphone gives the following message "Error returned: Service unavailable" then "call has disconnected".

the server log gives the following details:

09:41:47.234 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(9): Incoming call from 004 (Ext.004) to sip:[email protected]
09:41:47.671 CallTarget::create [CM005001] Forward loop detected for destination 005Forward history:{005}
09:41:47.671 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(9): Call from Ext.004 to 005 terminated; cause: 503 Service Unavailable; warning: ; internal
09:41:47.671 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(9) is rejected: Service Unavailable

I've tried to find out what service 503 is from the manual but can't find anything.

I have the firewalls on each PC set up with the correct trusted zones etc and have the firewall on the main router turned off to stop any problems with SIP port 5070 etc.

Any help appreciated.

Leo

Can you turn off the firewall completly? And you also meant SIP port 5060 right? Or did you change the default to 5070?

Try doing a ping from each machine to the other - 4 to 5 and then 5 to 4.

Hi Rob
I've just tried turning off the separate PC firewalls (firewall and filtering already set to off on the Router) and also setting the SIP port to 5060 on the soft phone settings but that doesn't make any difference (5070 is the default on the soft phone that I'm using).

I'm using a soft phone called "Express talk" it's the only free one that i can find that will ring internal extensions (while i try out 3CX), I suppose it could be that but i doubt it.

Oh well back to paper darts with messages lol

Leo

Express phone

Hello. try this.

Under NETWORK SETTINGS

local sip port to listen on = 5061
local RTP ports to listen on = 8000

Then, under next menu (Allow incomming calls) tick

FIXED IP ADDRESS
Public ip = [your m/c network ip address]
External SIP = 5061
External RTP = 8000

(ie same as above) what happens now?

Also, under LINES option make sure you have
line settings:

server = [your pbx ip] : 5060

Hope this helps. Graeme.

Re: Express phone

I've a similar problem. I tried to change to 5061"Local sip port to listen on", but nothing todo.

I've 3 PC with 3 external number all firewalls disabled. I'm using Express talk session for each pc. The external number are 102,103,101. I can comunicate only between 103->101 (only if 103 is caller) all other combinations the phone caller ring but 3cx do not pass the call to the extension. On status I see the message:
[CM103002] Call(22): Incoming call from 101 (Ext.101) to sip:[email protected]:5060

I didn't understand a thing.... On Express Talk the parameter "Local sip port to listen on:" under Network, what mean ? If I've 3 express talk instance on my network, this parameter is equal for all ?

Any idea ?

I appear to have solved my extension dialing problem, which I think was basically down to me being too much of a novice to be doing it all myself.

The reason why it wouldn't work both ways was because i'd got a box ticked on all the soft phones that said " Use static IP address and static mapped ports". if I un-tick the box on all the soft phones except the phone on the 3CX server PC then it all seems to work OK.

Fala70 don't forget, as I did, that whatever changes you make to the SIP ports etc on the soft phones you must also make on the 3CX server.

Thanks to all for your help and I hope you sort yours out Fala70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.