Can I bridge etc V12 with V11 ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schut, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schut

I got 3x 3CX branches connected, all running V11 SP4 right now. I was wondering if I can update 1 to V12 RC2 and still be able to connect (and chat / etc) with the other V11 branches?

It is 'vital' that both ways still work (e.g. the users on V12 will be able to communicate via chat etc to the V11 branches and vice-versa).

Otherwise, I rather wait and upgrade them all at the same time - if it was 100% compatible I could run a test at one branch first.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I did a bridge.
    Although I would recommend setup in a test environment... even a laptop to test it out.
    Not sure about chat, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. schut

Hello Craig,

I think the trial-license does not allow all the features, so testing with that might proof hard. Unless I am allowed to run a test-setup with the same license I do not think that is a viable option...

4. craigreilly

As I understand it, the trial version is full featured with 2 call paths. Been ver helpful for me to poke around v12 and try features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. npiersma

Dear Schut,

I was wondering if you tested this? Currently we are preparing a V11 to V12 update and the client is using remote presence (eg view extentions of remote pbx).

They are using V11 and are not ready to update yet. In the mean while we Upgraded to V12, but seem to have lost the ability to view their presence.

So I am still looking for a way to have presence working between V11 and V12.

Niels

6. JoelBlaha

I'm in the same boat of mixed environment between 11 and 12. All of my version 11 sites can see presence using MyPhone, but version 12 sites can't see presence remotely. Either from another branch or through iPhone or Android apps. All my port forwarding is the same at all locations and I have the version 12 pro, which should allow presence information out. I can give more details, but what's required to let the presence information available to external clients?
    Thanks in advance!

7. craigreilly

Some version of 11 previously allowed seeing remote presence... And then the feature moved to the PRO only in v12.
    Ie: in v11 my 64 license could see my 16 license presence... However not in v12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.