• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

can i delete fqdn and ip info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinshesq

Customer
Reaction score
i just upgraded to v 15 and was forced to input fqdn and external ip info. I only need to access 3cx internally on my lan...is there any reason I can't go into the dashboard and delete that info along with webmeetingfqdn info?

Also, I ran the firewall test and it failed in lots of places...is that irrelevant if I delete fqdn and external ip info?

Haven't yet ventured into Version 15 yet, and only just done a Version 14 install, so I can only relate my experiences in relation to that version, but, there may be similarities.

I don't use a Static Public IP and ver4 seems to assume that you not only use that, but FQDN as well. I went through with the install with setting to satisfy the install, then went back and made some changes. By enabling STUN (you are warned against that), the public IP that was put in, becomes irrelevant. I then went into the Troubleshooting/Parameters/Custom parameters (this location may have changed in 15. This is where all of the setting are located. I went through and changed all internal references to my servers local IP, all external were left with my DDNS information. So far no issues. External registration/calls, work as does Push.

Be careful what you change, it might be an idea to do a printout of the settings before you make any changes, then go slowly, if you are unfamiliar/unsure exactly what that setting is. A lot is just common sense.

(3)No FQDN option in config tool?

asinshesq said:
is there any reason I can't go into the dashboard and delete that info along with webmeetingfqdn info?
Or install procedure could be simplified in such case where config tool should not ask/create certificate :?:
3CX requires a fully resolvable FQDN and a matching SSL certificate for security. This allows 3CX to work seamlessly in and out of the office.

In V14 it was possible to enter private IP in Static Public IP field.

If you do not want to connect to the PBX from outside the LAN, you can specify a local IP. IP phones or clients can not be used outside the LAN.

Thanks for the replies. I have a feeling I may be missing the point of fqdn here and wonder if I should actually be trying to use fqdn after all (i.e. I wonder whether it would give me added features beyond the ability to access the 3cx console remotely). My setup: I have a bunch of voip phones on my lan connected to a POTS phone line via a gateway, so I do not use an external VOIP service. All works well, and I have no need to be able to reach the 3cx console from outside my LAN so I don't need fqdn for that purpose.

My question: is there some other reason I might want to use fqdn?

FYI, during the fqdn portion of the installation I was able to give it a local ip as suggested. It took the info and allowed me to complete the setup, and everything seems to be working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.