Can I do this?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DavidBloor, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidBloor

I am looking at setting up the 3CX PBX software, I have read through the documentation but I just want to be sure I can achieve what I am looking to achieve.

I will be having a new BT landline installed in the coming weeks, along with this I was planning on buying a Linksys SPA 3102 and a hardware based compatible IP phone.

With all of the above will I be able to:

Make and receive calls.
    Divert incoming calls to a mobile phone.
    A voicemail facility when line is engaged.

Now I think I can achieve this but I just want to be sure before I go ahead and purchase any equipment, thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 supports one phone line and one regular analogue telephone. You would have to have at least two phone lines to support call forwarding (diversion). One for the incoming call and a second line for the call to go out to your mobile. The 3102 will support a standard phone so you won't have to buy an IP phone unless you wanted to use it at a remote location.

3. DXS_Matt

I must give my recommendation for the 3102 unit.
    I've heard others complain about call quality on them, but I have honestly not had a single issue in my dealings with them, and I'm getting ready to deploy two of these units.

Setup is a breeze, and as the other Matt has said, there are very inexpensive VOIP lines that can be obtained.
    One that comes to mind is Broadvox.
    They have a plan for 12.99 that has unlimited inbound calling and a rate based outbound price.
    I only know because we're currently utilizing Broadvox for our sip trunk and couldn't be happier.

Matt

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Because you pay a higher rate to call a mobile, you might be able to find a VoIP provider that gives you a better rate than BT to your Mobile provider.

I too like the 3102, after using the SPA3000 for a few years, the 3102 was a very nice upgrade/addition, no problems with either one, VERY flexible and a lot of features, many, that you may never end up using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.