Can I fully disable Video on WebMeeting?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by checkinyyz, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. checkinyyz

Is it possible to use WebMeeting without Video? All we want to do is share our screen and use audio conferencing, never video. When testing it if you accidentally hit "allow" to allow it to use your Mic and WebCam it remembers it, so any time you join a meeting you immediately are on video which is not good.

We use join.me for all conferencing today but I was hoping to be able to use the built in 3CX screen sharing since it's all built in, but if we can't disable Video then this won't work for us. Either that or is there no setting to at least start with video off and allow the user to actually turn it on if they want it, vs having it force them to use video? Thanks!

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There are settings for this kind of thing available during a meeting's creation. Video, audio and chat can be set to disabled by default for all meeting participants. Of course an organizer always has the authority and rights to enable this for anyone at any time.

Check these settings in your webclient during meeting creation time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. checkinyyz

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. If you schedule a meeting with Video disabled by default, when the participant joins it still says "Chrome wants to use your Microphone and Video Camera." If they press allow to use the Mic, the camera LED lights up on their laptop, but just doesn't show video. The fact the green light is on though shows the camera is on, so whether people can see them or not their camera is still transmitting. So sadly this won't work for us and we will have to regrettably renew our WebEx contract that is up for renewal. Thanks for your help.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is quite interesting. Here's what i can tell you about the above.

-We request camera and mic permissions regardless of your WebMeeting usage as we assume you'd create a WebMeeting so you can have video. It hasn't occurred to us that asking camera permissions was such a big deal. We'll look into changing this.

-About the LED light being on even with video disabled. This might be correct even in the case of Webex, be careful. If you're using the camera's microphone, then the LED will be enabled. Video is not transmitted anywhere when video is disabled in WebMeeting.

I was not aware that the two above points were such a big deal. Interesting to know, thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 LeonidasG, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.