• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can i make the second line ring tone quieter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrogers

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the ring tone when a second or third call comes through? At present, the second line rings *very* loudly when i am talking to someone else. It is so loud i have to remove the headphones a bit. Ideally all i want is for the second call to make the normal call waiting signal (quiet beeps in the background). It seems like a pretty standard sort of feature so i feel i must be missing something.

Thanks
Andrew

hello,

it's soft phone ? hard phone ? which version ? ............

For final 4.0 version we have in plan to provide volume control - in the next Beta, the only change is that ringing sound is suppressed when phone has already an established call.
vali

ehermouet said:
hello, it's soft phone ? hard phone ? which version ? ............
Sorry, i didnt realise there were hard phones. I am just using the 3CX VoIP Soft Phone that one can download free off the website.

Vali_3CX said:
For final 4.0 version we have in plan to provide volume control - in the next Beta, the only change is that ringing sound is suppressed when phone has already an established call.
vali
Great, that will really help. Or just a quiet beep to indicate another call is coming through would be even better.
Thanks
Andrew

Hi

I am using the 3CX VoIP Softphone software (v 3.1.6288.0) which i downloaded some time back. The problem I am having is this:

1. I am on a call and talking to someone.
2. A second call comes in and so Line 2 starts flashing and ringing
3. The ring tone for the second line is *very* loud, so loud that i can barely hear the person who is speaking on line 1

What I think should happen is:
1. Either there should be no ring tone at all when the second call comes through OR
2. Instead of the very loud ring it is replaced by a quiet beep (in Australia we call it a 'call waiting' signal)

The VoIP Service we use is MyTel and Pennytel and Oztralia. But that is irrelevant. The issue is not with the service provider but with the call waiting (or second line) ring tone.

Thanks
Andrew

Someone else recently asked this same question, You may wish to edit the sounds. The files are located in the Program Files > 3CX VOIP Phone

What I think should happen is:
1. Either there should be no ring tone at all when the second call comes through OR
2. Instead of the very loud ring it is replaced by a quiet beep (in Australia we call it a 'call waiting' signal)

Yeah we have considered both options already for the Version 4 Voip Phone. Currently the Version 4 Voip Phone plays no sound on a second call, but we are also considering making it possible just to play a small beeping sound every few seconds.

You will have to for Vali's Opinion on this one :mrgreen:

tpinnovations said:
Someone else recently asked this same question, You may wish to edit the sounds. The files are located in the Program Files > 3CX VOIP Phone
Ah, I'm a goose. Should have thought to look there. Problem now fixed for me! Thanks.

I recently made my ring tone that famous line from Snakes on a Plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.