Can I pick a specific call from a queue?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jernau, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jernau

I wonder if someone could tell me if this is possible and point me in the right direction...

I understand that if a number of people call a 3CX server, they can be placed into a Call Queue and those calls can be answered by operators one after the other.

If we write a VAD application which logs the phone numbers (or other details) of these calls, we will be able to present a list of those calls to our operators. Is there a way that an operator viewing this list could use 3CXPhone (or another VOIP client) to pick a specific call from the queue and answer it?

Also, after picking a call would it be possible for an operator to put that call back into the queue, and so to allow either the same operator or another operator to pick and answer that call out of the queue after a few minutes?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

On what basis would operators be picking calls from a queue, their caller ID?

"Oh,I know who that is, that'll be an easy one, I like talking to them I'll pick that one"

It would seem a bit unfair to those that had been waiting the longest in the queue, wouldn't it?

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Generally you should be able to implement a so-called 'VIP' queue for known numbers.
    Something like creating two main call queues and if the caller-id is known you may put it in the 'VIP' queue.
    This concept is widely used in various PBX brands.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jernau

Thanks for the replies guys but that's not exactly what i was after :)

The order in which calls are taken is not important, nor is any one user more important than another. All callers will be known to our system, and our database will have additional information stored about them which will be presented to the operator who chooses their call. 'Queue' is probably a bad description as it implies an order - really it'll just be calls that are connected.

The requirement is simply that an operator be able connect to one call that is sitting in a list on their screen, and those calls are currently connected to 3CX. I'm guessing that will be through a VOIP client, and yes the unique identifier for a call will be the phone number.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi Jernau,

still you can implement 'VIP' queue, nevertheless all callers are known. Otherwise what is the criteria for operator to select and pickup a call ?

Generally you should be able to design either a CRM type of application where you can select specific call, if you are not able to do this with MyPhone currently.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.