Can I remove features from the 3CX softphone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by L Monroe, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L Monroe

Lots of the features we won't use, like the Chat for example since it doesn't show if the person is typing or if they read the message, and never notifies people etc. Same with the WebMeeting, Conference, Switchboard, and then all the options. Can those be removed? Same with the config, it lets users change codec priorities etc, I don't want any of that. Having WebMeeting or Conference for example confuses users since we use WebEx and will never use these features. Thanks!

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

no

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi L Monroe,

The Chat related features are not customizable. However look at the Ideas site, I believe there are some ideas on there related to Chat - you may want to vote.

You do have a little control over what the user see's in the soft-phone, for example you can:

* Change Switchboard settings: Show presence of groups, Show status's of various calls, Show group headers and un-registered extensions.

* In the Switchboard settings you can also manage the layout within the switchboard through drag and drop.

* From within the 3CX System you can change the Extension group settings: this will have an effect on what features and visibility you have from within the soft-client also https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/extension-groups/

4. L Monroe

Great thanks. I guess I'm just trying to disable more customization options. Like today I saw one employee had changed the theme and had a picture of their cat as the background image which looks SO bad I nearly lost it. They weren't even logged into the queue because the Q to log in you couldn't see as it was the same colour as their cat. Was hoping I could disable things like that, but I'll check the extension group settings like you mentioned to see if anything there helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.