• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can I upgrade directly from v12 to v15

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamerge

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi all

We started with 3CX at v14. I have just inherited a client on V12, so the first thing we want to do is bring them up to date. Are there any gotchas going directly from v12 to v15? The site is quite simple. It has a Grandstream FXO gateway that was on the supported list at install time apparently and about 12 handsets. They don't have any funky configurations.

Hello @datamerge

Please note that jumping from v12 to v15 is not supported and should not be attempted. You need to go an intermediate version first. You can go to v14 (if v12 is the latest backup) and convert the call history there or go to v12.5 and then to V15. You will need to manually convert call history once you install v15. Also one thing to know is that the Grandstream gateway is not supported in v15.

Thanks Yiannish. They may even be on 12.5. I only saw it briefly and we are waiting for remote access, so fingers crossed. I would rather only a single hop to save them money.

Is there any reason the gateway wouldn't work? They won't have budget to buy a new one and I don't want them to stay in the past.

There is no template for this gateway in v15 so if it needs any re-configuration for v15 you will need to do it manually.

I have done this upgrade from V12 to V14 and then to V15. but I have elected to go back to V14. BTW make sure you do backup for V12 before you uninstall it. then you will need to do backup for V14 before you go to V15. good luck :)

OK. I have ascertained that I have the following build.
Build 12.5.44178.1002
Based on the above, I am assuming I can go straight to v15.
Please let me know if this is not the case.

You're good to go

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.