Can I use any hardphone with 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MarkAmations, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkAmations

I was just wondering can I use any IP Phone with 3CX because I can get a couple of cheap handsets and would prefer to not exceed £25 per phone.

Any suggestions or should I get a pair of second handers

Many Thanks

- Mark

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Lots of ip Phones "Work"... but only a handful of manufacturers are supported by 3cx for full compatibility.
    You might find some used Yealinks for under $40 US on Ebay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MarkAmations

If I only want to send and receive internal calls, what would be the best option there?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The key is to find a SIP 2.0 compatible IP-Phone. There are many IP-Phones that use a proprietary signaling scheme so that the phones are "tied" to the IP-PBX manufacturer. While some of these may have firmware that can be loaded which then makes the device SIP compatible, there may still be some obstacles to overcome in order to get the full functionality.

Yealink is supported and has a T-19 model that might be somewhere close to your price range. The retail price is around $50 USD, but you might be able to get somewhat cheaper by looking around. Whatever you do, you will be best served by looking for a phone that is on the 3CX supported list as while others can be made to work, selecting a supported phone eases the potential headaches.

5. MarkAmations

Ok, thanks for the help guys :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.