• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can I use D-Link Response Point HW w/ 3CX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrant

Reaction score
I just installed a Microsoft Response Point D-Link VoiceCenter system (20 DPH-128MS phones, 2 DVG-3104MS gateways for 6 PSTN lines and the DVX-2000MS base unit). Only now did I discover that Microsoft is probably not going to provide any further development on the RP Response Point platform.

Does anyone know if I can use the D-Link hardware with 3CX (that is, the phones and gateways)? I can install 3CX on a standalone Windows box and not use the D-Link base unit in that case. The phones seem to be highly configurable.

Unfortunately, the Response Point platform is missing some key features important to most business PBX systems. 3CX seems to have these features covered.

Thanks for any advice!

Jeff

Jeff,

You really have to speak to D-Link to find out of they provide firmware to change their hardware to open sip rather than RP.

For instance, Aastra RP products can be flashed to regular units via files provided by Aastra.

I am willing to bet D-Link does not support this though.

And to be honest, if changing to 3CX, it would be best to purchase certified and supported hardware.

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I've heard rumors that D-Link may stop selling their VoiceCenter RP hardware, so maybe then they'll provide the firmware for opening up the phones as SIP compliant. One can only hope. I just invested in a D-Link VoiceCenter system with 20 phones. Easy to set up and works great for what it does, but missing important features that I was hoping would be added with time, until I discovered that RP is probably dead, according to Microsoft blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.