• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can Myphone show calling trunk as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roly

Reaction score
I'm hoping there is a way to identify which trunk a call is coming in on, so the call can be answered differently depending on which trunk it was. I only have 3 extensions handling 6 inbound trunks. All extensions ring at once, and the agent on any extension needs to know which trunk the call came in on. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

I dont think you can do this, however what you can do is, if you are using ring groups is name each group.

you can then enable 3CX so it will display the ring group name and number calling on the phones.

Thanks for responding David.

Well I half figured it out using the DID features of each trunk. I just gave each inbound DID a unique company name. Then enabled ‘Append/Prepend name to caller ID' from the Settings > General > Global options page. I tested using 2 ring groups, each containing all extensions named, "1" and "2". Now when a call comes in to the first trunk it is routed to ring group "1" and when it appears on a 3CX softphone or other extension handset it looks like "1: Xcompanytrunkname: callernumber"

That's great, and makes it easy to answer calls correctly as well as identify the caller. I still have no idea how to make Myphone show this info, but it doesn't matter so much now. I'm still curious though. . .. . :S

My Phone does not currently support this as of yet, 3CX do plan to add it via an update. no date as of yet for its release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.