Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can not add change provision template / Mac address provision

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brian Suing, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Suing

Thanks for reading my post. This is for a new installation v15. It was all working as it should and I do have many phones provisioned with a custom template. These phones do show up as "Yealink (Custom Template)" and the MAC address does show.

I did attempt to create a Google Push I modified the two fields API key and Project number. I abandoned this (begin of server error 500) and removed the data in the fields. The push account is now "3cx account" as it was before.

I was getting server error when I tried to edit the extension. :( I re-installed server and restored from full backup. (I do not see internal server error 500 anymore)

Now, a problem exists where I can not add phones with my custom template. New phones show up as they should but I can not add them to extensions using the custom template. I can not change the templates used on provisioned phones. I can get a phone to work using STOCK templates and the MAC will be correct. I can not reprovision the new phones from the management console with a change to the custom template..

Another Clue is that there is never a list of codecs. "+ add codecs" button does nothing to existing working extensions.

I told a working extension to "->Reprovision" and it did work using the custom template that I specified last month.
    If I take an extension and "Add Phone" i can choose the custom template and enter the MAC address, but it does nothing when I click "OK"

This has been a problem that I can not figure out. Been reading the forums to no avail. Plz help. and Thanks in advance.

#1 Brian Suing, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  2. Brian Suing

I did fix this myself. I was able to finally create a valid CSV file. Looks like this is how I will add extensions.

This thread can be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.