• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

can not add VOIP provider after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

edelcom

Reaction score
we get following error after an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.0.44 (with restore) when we want to add a VOIP provider.

an exception occured : account details error , De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van het object ingesteld (the object reference is not assigned to an instance of the object )

After a downgrade and restore, we can add VOIP providers.

Hi

There appears to be some issue in the backup or the DB that is being backed up. We would recommend that send the support team a backup of the file for review.

We are currently using a paid for version 6 and testing V7 (new install) on a different machine before upgrading, and have the same problem. Tried to reinstall but no luck. We are using W2K3 32bit and IIS. Followed all instruction from the manual when installing 3CX. Any ideas?

We are having the same issue after uninstalling the old version and installing current version. We did not use a backup of the database, just setup a new configuration.

Hi

Can you please open a support ticket at http://support.3cx.com and include the exact error you are getting, OS and service pack level info, as well as a backup of your 3CX configuration.

I do not have a support account but here are the files...

http://sip.thenoc.us/3cxbackup.zip
http://sip.thenoc.us/ErrorCode.pdf

We are running on Windows 2003 with all current service packs.

Thanks
Matt

At me the same problem.
When I enter new VOIP provider, Wizard does not save value of a field "RegistrarHost" (Sip server hostname or IP)
After input of values of a fields Accound Details and press button "Next" Error:
"An exception occurred AccountDetails Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
If press button "Back" i see empty field "Sip server hostname or IP", though value before has been in the field entered.

OS Win2003 sever with SP2 + IIS + 3CXPhoneSystem 7. 4744
Thanks,
Petr

Hi

We are looking into this and shall post an update as soon as possible.

Hia,

Are there anyone with the new version that can add VoIP provider without these errors ?
I run on 32-Bit Vista with SP1.
I use built in web server, please help as I just deleted my Asterisk server as I thought this looked better.

There is no way I can add a VoIP provider.
I have now installed my Asterisk server again but I would really like to try 3CX as I also belive that I have some customer who would benefit from using 3CX system.

Please give me some hints on what I can try and I will try.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Uninstalled application,
2. Removed services that wasn't removed from registry after uninstallation.
3. Removed all application files manually from program folder.

Rebooted and reinstalled 3CX without using old backup now everything is working.

I have installed version 7 on two differnet brand new servers
I cannot add VOIP providers for either of them
I get all the errors described above

TIm

HI

Excuse us for the delay.
We have replicated the problem thanks to the backup file uploaded in this post.

The Authentication info in both providers is missing. This was not backed up. The whole providers were not backed up in fact. When was this backup originally made? From what version of the PBX? The exception gives a clear indication that the backup was taken from either a beta or alpha release. Can you please confirm this?

Unfortunately you cannot use this backup.

Therefore the quickest way to get your system up and running is to do the following.

1) uninstall 3cx completely
2) Run the 3cx installation checker tool available from here
http://www.3cx.com/support/installation-checker.html
3) install 3cx phonesystem available from the downloads section.
4) Do not use that backup file. I repeat: We still would like to know on which version this backup was originally taken before you restored it on v 4744 just the same.
5) To complete the installation apply the patch available from here to fix rules in extensions
http://www.3cx.com/forums/new-3cx-phone-system-7-available-8497.html

You can now safely create Voip Providers with no problems.

For all the other users having problems with Voip Providers, kindly send any backup files directly and we will investigate each one of them and give you an update - send to [email protected].

Do not use backups from Alpha and Beta releases on version 7.0.4744. Backups of 6.1 are supported however.

There is no need to send the backup file with prompts. if the backup file is too big, make the backup publicly available and we will download it.

Thanks

Hi,

i have the same problem

my backup was taken on version 6.0 , is there any way to avoid the whole configuration by uninstalling and re-installing

Thanks

Minas

Hi

Can you send me the backup file just the same? [email protected] - Open the backup and manually delete any recordings, and prompts you have so it is smaller.

I will check it for you however we had announced that we will only support backups taken from version 6.1 onwards. This is because of changes that were made from 6 to 6.1 related to the database.
The best thing to do is the following:

Install a 6.1 somewhere quickly (on an other machine) and restore the backup you currently have. Confirm that it is ok and that you have no errors. Then take a backup from the 6.1.

Get that backup you just generated and restore it on 7.0

Hi
Version 6.1 of 3cx can be found from here

http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/downloads

MANDALEK :
In your case the reason is because there is a bug in a 5 digit PBX scenario. This will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks

Re: cannot add VOIP provider after upgrade - PATCH 5 DigitExt

MANDALEK - Replace this DLL in the following location:

C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\Interface\bin

Go to services.msc and restart IIS admin service.

For all the other users reading this thread: READ THIS CAREFULLY.

This fix is only when the exception is created upon clicking or adding a Voip Provider in a
5 DIGIT EXTENSION PBX SCENARIO

With this patch the next available Virtual extension number will be used.

What I am saying is that if you do not have a 5 digit extension PBX and you still have an exception in VoipProviders it means that the problem is somewhere else.

Attachments

• WebGuiInterface.zip
    287.3 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.