• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can not choose my own FQDN on setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus taiba

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a new installation of 3cx free edition and will purchase a 16-channel license after it is installed and all setup.

Problem I am having is I get to the point where it ask's me if I want to choose my own FQDN or 3CX FQDN.
it will not let me choose my own FQDN, the option is grayed out and the only option I have it to use the 3CX FQDN.

We do not want to use the 3CX FQDN, we want to use our own, please if some one can direct me why it is not letting me choose our own.

If I go ahead and choose the 3CX FQDN will it allow me later to change it to our own FQDN.

we are half way in the process of installing but can not continue until we know if we can later choose our own FQDN without doing the install all over again.

Thanks,

Hello @gus taiba,

Unfortunately, with the 3CX Free Edition PBX, you cannot use your own FQDN. You will either have to purchase a license, or use the 3CX provided FQDN.

... but set yourself up with a 3cx fqdn on the free licence while you test and once ready you take a backup of your pbx WITHOUT the licence and fqdn (it's an option when backing up) then you reinstall with your backup and newly purchased licence and you'll be able to use your own fqdn. (Personally I feel it's a pain setting up security certificates so I like using 3cx fqdn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.