CAN NOT CONNECT TO 3CX TUNNEL

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by micsak, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micsak

HI ALL,

I HAVE CONFIGURED 3CX TUNNEL AND IT IS WORKING SOMETIMES BUT NOT ALWAYS.
    OF COURSE, NAT IS CONFIGURED
    I THINK SOMETHING HAPPENS WITH SERVICES.

COULD YOU ADVISE ME?

MICHAEL

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How are you using the Tunnel? 3CX phone (what version?), to PBX, or PBX to PBX? Over Wifi, 3/4G? From the same location, or from various hotspots? A few more details would be helpful.

What is the 3CX log telling you?

Try turning off Caps Lock. It won't fix tunnel issues but your posts won't look like you're yelling.

3. micsak

I'm trying from my iphone with app 3cx tunnel version 1.0.0
    to 3cx PBX version 12, over 3G

I saw in the router nat translation with success but there is nothing nothing in pbx Server activity Log.
    I'm not sure if there is any relation with 3cx stun server, because I receive the following log:

12-Οκτ-2013 17:08:19.565 [CM506001]: STUN request to resolve SIP external IP:port mapping is sent to STUN server 94.198.96.7:3478 over Transport 192.168.20.9:5004

Thanks
    Michael

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Do you have any particular reason you are using the tunnel? I've always had better luck when registering directly to the IP address. Registration drops less, are you using wifi, 3g, lte???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. micsak

I have never tried to configure directly to public IP. It is supposed that 3cx tunnel provides encryption

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

3CX VoIP Tunnel provides NO encryption of your data. If you want secure audio then use VPN.

3CX VoIP Tunnel eliminates any network issues which might cause connection problems between 3CX Phone for iPhone and 3CX Phone System. These issues can be related to registering of 3CX Phone, or can manifest themselves while calling, such as one way audio, or other strange issues during a call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. micsak

Thanks for your reply.

I will try as you said.

Michael

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Nothing in the log, may indicate that you have a firewall issue. Did you port forward 5090?

Even using the tunnel, you are still connecting directly to a public IP or URL/Domain name. How do you connect? What type of server name/IP are you set to connect to? That might have some bearing.

As suggested, try connecting without the tunnel. If that works, then, try with the tunnel.

I, personally only use the tunnel, if attempting to connect without it fails to work. This is usually from a public hotspot when travelling. If that doesn't work for me, then it's on to the third option,VPN.

9. micsak

Yes I did.

There are 4 fields in Iphone 3cx application
    Local IP
    Public IP
    Pbx port
    Use 3cx Tunnel

In case I 'm using 3cx tunnel I enter
    Local IP: Local PBX IP
    Public IP: My public IP
    Pbx port: PBX port
    Use 3cx Tunnel: Yes

In case I'm not using 3cx tunnel what difference will be in my settings?
    I suppose only Use "3cx Tunnel: No"

MIchael

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are using a fixed IP at the server end, then, yes, those will be the settings along with the Tunnel password. The Tunnel port should be in there too. And, yes, if you don't want to use the Tunnel, just "say" ..no. The settings can remain if you wish to use it in the future.
    Did you run the 3CX Firewall Test from within the PBX?

Just re-read your first post, and you say the Tunnel is working sometimes, so there must be a log when a successful connection is made. Your settings must be correct or it would not work at all. Have you tried using it over Wifi, a hotspot, rather than 3G? There may be an issue involving your mobile provider.

11. micsak

Thanks for all,

Yes I did

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.