Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can not Dial on menu tree

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjericson, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjericson

I have 3cx version 7.0.4744.0.

I have a problem with some calls. When I get a menu tree (press 1 for X, etc.). It does not recognize any of the dialed numbers. Any ideas?

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

What device are you using to access the Menu with?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tjericson

Cisco 7940
    Cisco 7960
    SPA 921
    SPA 941

it is random. Will work sometimes on certain devices and sometimes it doesn't. And it NEVER works when the device is outside the firewall.

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Are you refering to menu trees from 3cx? Like, for example, your voicemail menu? Or remote systems that you have called and need to interact with a menu system?

What dtmf setting are you using on the phones?

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tjericson

I am talking about external menu trees when you call comcast or other similar large companies.

I am not sure about the dtmf setting, what should I be using and where can i find the setting on my phones?

Thanks!!

6. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Are you using a VoIP provider? If so, then you need to set the setting to whatever they want it to be. RFC 2833 is the most typical. But Inband and SIP Info are the other two options.

7. tjericson

Inphonex is the VOIP Provider.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

As far as you didn't provide any information requsted in http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html ...
    then:
    I'm not sure that it is possible... but...
    Could you please ask VoIP provider about it?
    Our PBX is just a source of signals. The delivery is the duty of the provider.
    If some of signals may confuse equipment of provider then we are ready to fix it (and/or provide workaround)

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.