Can not find the 3CX SQL SERVER database

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eugeneg, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eugeneg

I have just installed the 3CX system on my Windows 2003 Enterprise server.
    I have looked into the web.conf and it looks as this system should be using local Sql Server instance.
    I have looked into my Sql Server Management Studio, but, did not see any databases created for 3CX.
    Where else should I check?

-Eugene

2. sipero123

3. eugeneg

Thanks for he quick reply!
    If it does not use Sql Server, then why it has the ConnectionString in the Web.conf pointing a local Sql Server instance?

Best regards,

-Eugene

4. sipero123

Hi,

It does use a database and that is where it connects but as already stated it is not MS SQL or MySQL

You can use the relevant tool like PostgreMyAdmin to access and edit the database but I would recommend having a backup just in case anything goes wrong

Jonathan Hamon

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

Could you please describe the problem?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eugeneg

Thanks to all who replied to this post!
    At this moment there is no more problem, just a question: if Sql Server is not being used then what is the meaning of the ConnectionString parameter in the Web.conf file?
    I like the fact that it now forks for me ( I had to re-install it and select the bundled Web server), but, it would help to know what is the database that it uses and where it is.

Best regards,

-Eugene

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Eugene,

Personaly, I'm glad to know that there are no problems except the web.conf file interpretation

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ciscotech2007

3CX installation is meant to be on a machine that currently does not host any other databases such as SQL. If you have no other option then install a virtual server and install 3CX on the virtual machine as to not interfere with your server running SQL instances. No modification of 3CX data is recommended or supported. Modification of 3CX database may result in the 3CX server becoming inoperable or non-functional because of the data table links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.