• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

can not hear sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

morleyjordand

Reaction score
HI all,
running windows 7 here fresh install of V12

I been trying to use the 3CX phone for windows and i can not hear any voice or ringing when calling someone.

I dont have a mic hooked up into the computer but i'm only testing things out right now, would not having a mic cut out sounds though that would be basic?

I have 3CX on my android and it works perfectly with no issues, even tried the test sound

what info can i give to help?

i never had any issues with the older versions so i bet i'm doing something pretty dumb

Given that a previous version was working on that same hardware, I'm assuming that it is a settings issue.

You don't have something plugged into the headphone socket, causing the speakers to be cut off, do you?

have you gone through the audio settings in 3CX? Sound, on the PC isn't muted, etc. ?

1. No other sound device is plugged in,

2. yeah sound settings seem right, default sound card and ALL other sound works, nothing is muted.

need any images or photo documentation? i can share whatever is needed, its frustrating because i dunno why one thing just won't work, i bet its something stupid haha

Do you hear the DTMF sounds when dialling? If not, then I would uninstall, and re-install. It may be corruption, an incompatibility (somewhere), or a hardware conflict/issue. Without sitting in front of the PC and poking and prodding it, it is simply a guess.

Okay i did a fresh install,

found the folder, with all the sounds, played them in windows media player, it worked there

So i have the phone setup correctly, the line is lit up and the phone can RING, and when i press a button it makes the sounds

its not though having a dial tone or can hear the audio from another extension

ALL sounds are non muted and everything else works.. i am so confused

attached is my setup for audio and maybe i did something wrong also attached is the advanced setting setups too

Attachments

• 3cx.jpg
    3cx.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 926
  • 3cx2.jpg
    3cx2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 926
In the image you sent can't you see that there is no microphone device ? (Dropdown is empty)
A phone without a microphone, does not have much use correct? Probably the sound engine is not starting because one of the most important audio factors are missing.

Can you check and let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.