Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

can not hear sound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by morleyjordand, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morleyjordand

HI all,
    running windows 7 here fresh install of V12

I been trying to use the 3CX phone for windows and i can not hear any voice or ringing when calling someone.

I dont have a mic hooked up into the computer but i'm only testing things out right now, would not having a mic cut out sounds though that would be basic?

I have 3CX on my android and it works perfectly with no issues, even tried the test sound

what info can i give to help?

i never had any issues with the older versions so i bet i'm doing something pretty dumb

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given that a previous version was working on that same hardware, I'm assuming that it is a settings issue.

You don't have something plugged into the headphone socket, causing the speakers to be cut off, do you?

have you gone through the audio settings in 3CX? Sound, on the PC isn't muted, etc. ?

3. morleyjordand

1. No other sound device is plugged in,

2. yeah sound settings seem right, default sound card and ALL other sound works, nothing is muted.

need any images or photo documentation? i can share whatever is needed, its frustrating because i dunno why one thing just won't work, i bet its something stupid haha

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you hear the DTMF sounds when dialling? If not, then I would uninstall, and re-install. It may be corruption, an incompatibility (somewhere), or a hardware conflict/issue. Without sitting in front of the PC and poking and prodding it, it is simply a guess.

5. morleyjordand

Okay i did a fresh install,

found the folder, with all the sounds, played them in windows media player, it worked there

So i have the phone setup correctly, the line is lit up and the phone can RING, and when i press a button it makes the sounds

its not though having a dial tone or can hear the audio from another extension

ALL sounds are non muted and everything else works.. i am so confused

attached is my setup for audio and maybe i did something wrong also attached is the advanced setting setups too

Attached Files:

• 3cx.jpg
      3cx.jpg
      File size:
      71.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3cx2.jpg
      3cx2.jpg
      File size:
      14.9 KB
      Views:
  6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the image you sent can't you see that there is no microphone device ? (Dropdown is empty)
    A phone without a microphone, does not have much use correct? Probably the sound engine is not starting because one of the most important audio factors are missing.

Can you check and let me know

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.