Can only receiving two simultaneous incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by arbico, Mar 12, 2007.

1. arbico

Hello there

I just bought a new 0845 number and thought I would share that on an IPBx and this is when I bumped into 3CX. Its very good and easy to use and I've got it working through trial and error but there is one final problem I have which if not resolved will mean I will have to give up on 3CX.

I've set up my incoming number in the voip gateway.

When I call my number from a phone line, it gets picked up

I then call the same number from another phone line while the previous clal is active. This call too will be picked.

I then place a third call and although I can see that the call has come in (via server status and call log), the third simultaneous call is rejected and not answered.

Basically the system can take up to two simultaneous incoming calls. I need to make it so that the system can take up 5 simultaneous incoming calls. How can I do this?

Any help would be appreciated, but people I've talked so far are urging me to go for Trixbox, but I do not want to give up yet cos I think the solution is fairly simple and 3cx is very user friendly.

Kind regards

Anwar

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Please, provide 3CXSupport with logs and settings, so we can understand exactly why third call is rejected.

3. dvaughan

I am having this same issue. I need at least 4 simultaneous calls either in or out. I ahve submitted the zip file from the supprt page in the WC

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

To solve this issue - increase range of ports to use for external calls. (General settings page). Take into account, that each external endpoint takes two such ports for a call. So, to have 4 simultaneous external calls you should have at least 8 ports range.