• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can resellers reset an activation? My licence is stuck from moving servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkinyyz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, we bought 3CX from our distributor directly as we're a telecom VAR but not a 3CX partner. Wanted to use it internally, but I didn't realize it has activation limits. I wasn't sure if I wanted it on the Internet, on AWS, or in our datacentre accessible over our MPLS so I've been trying different options. Now it says I've activated too many times and need to activate on the original computer. Can't do that since they were all VMs.

I emailed 3CX for support as the last time this happened awhile ago they took a few days to reply. Was just wondering if resellers have the ability to reset it, since I can't use the system at all now and we were planning on launching it this weekend. Thought I'd check to see if anyone can assist, otherwise I'll try reaching out to 3CX directly next week. Thank you.

Hi everyone, we bought 3CX from our distributor directly as we're a telecom VAR but not a 3CX partner. Wanted to use it internally, but I didn't realize it has activation limits. I wasn't sure if I wanted it on the Internet, on AWS, or in our datacentre accessible over our MPLS so I've been trying different options. Now it says I've activated too many times and need to activate on the original computer. Can't do that since they were all VMs.

I emailed 3CX for support as the last time this happened awhile ago they took a few days to reply. Was just wondering if resellers have the ability to reset it, since I can't use the system at all now and we were planning on launching it this weekend. Thought I'd check to see if anyone can assist, otherwise I'll try reaching out to 3CX directly next week. Thank you.
I'm afraid, not. Write to [email protected] and explain the case.

Agreed, this is called hitting your Mac count limit, sales at 3CX can resolve this for you.

Depending what region you are in you should have a dedicated account manager you can contact, your distributor cannot help in this instance.

Thank you. I emailed them and the person at 3CX that is our Account Manager and got an out of office for the next 8 days, so so much for that. Figured I'd try posting here, but since we can't use our phone system now we had to put the Shoretel back in as I won't have a job on Monday if management comes in to see that the phones don't work. We had our team in place this weekend to set everything up to go live on Monday but doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Please give our sales department a call to the number of your region and explain the situation to them. The numbers can be found here

Reactions: accentlogic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.