• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

can two 3cx system be run off 1 voip number

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftermarket

Reaction score
hey people,

just wondering if this is possible we have our main office running the free 3cx PBX solution and we have office 2 connecting in remotely now the problem begins when the main office broadband is running slow and office 2 picks a call up the line is sometimes well not usable. now office 2 doesn't need to call office 1 ever, could we install 3cx PBX at office 2 and have both offices connecting to the VoIP line. i.e when a call comes through would it ring on both? my thinking is that this would eliminate office 1 taking the call via the net only to send it back out to office 2.

any thoughts or reply's would be greatly appreciated thank you

Hello,

Sorry no way around it, this is how SIP trunks authenticate, allowing multiple PBX's to register to the same SIP trunk would destroy there authentication method. You could get a paid license of 3CX and install the SIP proxy manager which means using 1 PBX with your SIP trunk and avoid any issues.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/sip-proxy-manager/

Thanks,
Nate

It all depends on your VoIP provider. Some do allow multiple registrations. It can't hurt to ask them if they do.

we're using sip-gate

I haven't used them, so you'd have to ask if they allow two SIP devices (two 3CX PBX's) to register at the same time.

if I recall off the top of my head they don't allow this but it would be worth getting in touch with them. They may make an exception.

They only allow this if you puchase their team package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.