CAn Vonage ATA be connected to 3CX system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by malysh, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malysh

I have Vonage ATA device model VDV21-VD. I wonder if I can hook it up to the 3CX and use my analog phones. I'm a newbie and any details instructions or setting will be helpful.
    Thanks

2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

You would need to first unlock the device to enable access to the SIP settings.

While it can be done, it would be out of the technical skills of a "newbie". However if you want to take a crack at it check this out;

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20397172-Unlock-VDV21VD-phone-adapter-with-LCD-screen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

My understanding is, and the info may have changed since i heard this... Vonage will allow you to use your own device (will give you the username, password,server settings etc.) but only as an additional device (same phone number) on your current account, for an extra charge, of course. That way users can place calls from a softphone on their computer. You would have to verify this with them. If this is still true then you could set up 3CX to appear as a softphone when registering with Vonage. I wouldn't tell them that you want to run it into a PBX, they may give you a flat "NO".

You could just plug the phone jack from your Vonage ATA into the FXO ports on a Gateway, like the SPAS3102 and bring it into 3CX as a trunk.

4. msp

msp

I have connect the 3cx to a Vonage line with very little effort. Just plug the vonage ATA analogue phone line to the incoming analogue port and you old analogue phone to the phone port on a spa3102 VoIP gateway. The spa3102 is a very good value and works well.

5. bblokey

I have also used the spa3102 along with my vonage box. This saved me the headache of trying to unlock the vonage box which really is a waste of time. And if you really want to use a vonage style box then you can pick those up cheap on ebay already unlocked...

6. spinnerfarm

I have a PAP2 from linksys on my wonage line - my cordless phone base station is plugged into it. (i also have my pots home line plugged into a spa3102 for my 3cx system). Are you say that if i purchased another spa3102 i could plug my vonage PAP2 into the line port of the second 3102 and be able to receive and make calls out into vonageland? (I guess the 3cx system would see it as just another analog line coming in from the 3102, right?).

If that would work, that would be very interesting.

Steve

7. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

It should work, However I would be concerned about latency.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. bblokey

At my house using the free edition of 3cx. I was able to use a spa3102 and setup the line for my vonage and the fxs for a analog phone. After you setup the spa3102 in 3cx you can setup rules to use the vonage line. You will have to setup the account info for the fxo in the spa3102 and if you want to use the fxs for an analog phone then just create an extension in 3cx then setup the spa3102 to use that extension.

9. bblokey

Also the latency was not noticeable at all. The only way you will notice it is if you have the person close by to hear them. I used it for a while for testing purpose and to demonstrate the concept to the company I for...

I was given the green light and I have deployed it on our new site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.