• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can you please help with API Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul.obrien

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm trying to create a program using the 3CX Call Control API - I want to be able to read the forwarding status of a particular extension - with the abilty to change the forwarding destination from within the program. I have to say I am completely stuck! I have downloaded the examples, but I'm unsure where to go from here. Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Paul

when you say "forwarding status" what exactly do you mean? The extensions current status (e.g. available, away, out of office etc.)?

If that is what you mean then you can get the array of forwarding rules for the extension and then change the relevant rules "Forward" property.

Remember the forwarding rules are a zero based array and 3cx processes them in index order lowest first.

Also remember not to CHANGE the current forwarding rules array but to create a new array using CreateForwardingRule and apply them to the extension

Mark

Thanks for the reply - rather than changing the status, I wish to change the forwarding destination- so in this case the external number that the extension is forwarding to.

Paul

Paul

The steps I mentioned would do that, but are you talking about doing it on the fly?

e.g. Call comes in to ext1, ext1 call forwarding says forward to external1 but you want to look at the callerid of this call and if it is callerx then forward it to external2 otherwise let it go to external1?

That type of scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.