Can you stop users from Barging\Listen\Whisper

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alanbarry5376, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanbarry5376

Hi
    We have recently got the pro license and are looking forward to using Barge Whisper\Listen feature
    We are a multi national company with 17 small to medium size office globally, so we can you presence feature for the whole company we have put everyone in the default group
    Managers see a huge benefit to the Barge\Whisper\Listen feature as when a jobs comes in they can have all there team Listen into the call to get the relevant job. The training use is also going to big plus therefore they would like for all users to be able to use this.
    Our concern though is that we do not want a general user being able to Listen into a director or a CEO's call.
    So the question i have are
    Is there a way to limit which extension a user can barge into ?
    If not what other options do we have?
    Is it possible to get a report on who barges\listens\whispers into a call?

Also in the old myphone when someone barged into a call you would see the three users(the two initial users and the person who barged in) on the active call but we are now using 3cx for windows version 12 and this feature is no longer there. Is there a way to set this up on version 12?

Thanks in Advance
    Alan

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Rights:
    Expand the EXTENSION TREE.
    Click the Default Group.
    Goto Member Rights tab.
    Click the user on the left column.

Select the persons who should be able to BARGE IN/etc.
    Click the TickBox on the right for Barge.
    Click Apply.

What is the reason for 1 group? Why not put each office in its own group to make it easier? Everyone can see presence of every group. But by default, they can not see the active calls at the top of the screen of another group.

I can not answer the last question about the call logs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alanbarry5376

Thanks Craig for coming back to me

The reason we have one default group initially is that we have admin teams in each office that could potentially be taking calls for other offices and would need to see quick if a user is on a call. not a major problem and if putting into groups is our best option then that would probably be best, besides no being able to see active calls in each group is there any other function that you know of that we would lose by splitting up into groups?

On the barge itself what we actually want to do is for a user that we have given barge rights to find a way to limit who that person can barge into i.e. we don't want them for example to barge into the CEO's calls? I know groups can limit some what who can barge in i.e. put him in his own group, but his PA who would need to be in the office group would not be able to see his active calls.
    So we were hoping there might be a different way where we could just let the users barge into their team in the office for example

Thanks again for your help
    Alan

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you can customize what a person can do in a group ... and add someone to more than 1 group... and hide a person from a group.
    What you want to do will take some crafty work - but I think it will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bunce

You'll likely still run into problems due to the poor way the permission structure has been designed.

We have similar issues trying to hide certain users calls (eg CEO / HR) but in doing so that then stops something else from working (eg can't pickup the call as a result of hiding the call).

This has to be worked around by creating pointless extensions groups which then caused admin and maintenance head-aches..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.