• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

can you use Sip on iphone (fring) to connect to the 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktornqvist

Reaction score
Hi all
can you use fring on the iphone to connect to a 3cx server ?

Sources (http://fring.com/iphone.xml)

I tried it but couldn't get to work at all for now. All I get is login/password is incorrect. Is there some debug log I can activate on 3cx side to capture the protocol exchanges and get an idea on what goes wrong?

Hi,

Already did that and activated debug. Interestingly, nothing shows in the log. I have a feeling that Fring has an embedded STUN request (I didn't try sniffing packets on the net at my end at this stage).

May I suggest something you can try if your system allows it?

Either:

1. Install a SIPproxyd on your network and configure it to forward requests to your 3cx SIP server.

or

2. Make sure you have an external dns-to-real IP service running (Like DYNDNS.org for example), then Under 'General' --> 'General Settings' tab, select 'Settings for Direct SIP Calling', tick the Allow calls to domain and set your DNS resolvable name in the Local SIP domain, then set the external DNS resolvable name in the 'proxy' field in your Fring settings.

Cheers,

W.

I am using Fring on my iPhone to 3CX as a bit of a novelty.

Honestly, the application is not really ready for primetime because it cannot receive calls unless the application is 'active' and the phone is 'awake'. Fring is ok for outbound calls in a WiFi zone. Sound quality is reasonable.

When I need calls diverted to my cell, I use the 'divert' functions on my Granstream phone or in the 3CX console to properly forward things to my cellular.

** As long as I'm here, I'll give a HUGE kudos to the 3CX team and the new V6.1.xxxx version. We have phones in four different offices, each on their own network with the 3CX server hosted at Rackspace. BLF lights, queues, etc.... it all works wonderfully and gives our business incredible flexibility in our telephony. I cannot possibly imagine using anything different.

I use a Nokia E55 with fring and it works very good with 3cx

Hi,

The E5x/6x have settings for a SIP server. In the case of Fring, sip is only supported at proxy level only.

Cheers,

W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.