Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cancel DTMF per DID or extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by selagent, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selagent

Is there a way on a per DID basis or based upon destination to ignore DTMF input ?

We have multiple DIDs setup and one of the DIDs never gets answered by a live operator. It simply goes straight to voice mail and there is a voice mail notification sent out via email. However, we have had a couple of calls where the caller "0's" out during the voice mail greeting and the call get's sent to the default operator which we do not want.

Any suggestions ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Probably not. DTMF is sent in one of two methods, as a message, or as audio. In some cases, using a low bit-rate Codec, which might block the audio tones, or using mismatched DTMF Method settings might block the messages from being interpreted, and you might have success. Unfortunately, these sorts of changes would affect all calls over the same trunk group. To single it out to just one DID number may be very difficult, to impossible.

3. selagent

Thanks for the reply. I searched for this setting and finally thought I would toss it over the fence to the community for assistance.

This is a somewhat common feature in traditional auto attendant systems, especially during the introductory greeting whereby a disclaimer needs to be read in its entirety and not interrupted by a DTMF entry. After the specific audio has been played, the accept DTMF switch is turned back on. In 3CX, my preference would be to have this behavior turned on/off at the voicemail box level. It would be beneficial to be able to ignore DTMF input once a specific voice mailbox greeting starts.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.