• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Cannot Access 3CX Management Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurv

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Dear All,

I am having issues connection to the 3CX Management Console. When I click on the desktop shortcut, It opens up a web browser page and comes up with page not found error.

Any assistance to help resolve this will be much appreciated.

Nirav

Attachments

• 3CX_Error.JPG
    3CX_Error.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 109
no answer on IP adress, is your pbx alive?

Port TCP/5001 is not open on your firewall towards your PBX or restricted to known IP only

In regards to my install I am running V15.5 on a Windows 10 WM which is hosted on my QNAP NAS using the vistualization station. THe system at the moment is only configured for internal communications and devices. Interms of devices being used, I have the following
1 no. IOS device using the 3CX app
1no. Crestron TSW-760 Wall mounted touch panel with SIP Telecom capability
1no. TSR-302 Touch screen remote with SIP telecom capability
I am trying to connect this to a Draytek Vigor 2860Vac which has the voice capability but have not managed to get the configuration on the Draytek to work as yet.
This has been running as I was am getting the email update saying that my schedule back up is complete.

Last edited:
Hi @nurv

There are a few things to keep in mind

• If your public IP changes, the FQDN will still point to the old one. Access the server using your public IP (for example https://81.x.x.x:5001)
  • You can also try accessing it using your local IP ie. https://10.x.x.x:5001
  • The PBX only answers on port 5001 if the firewall has forwards sending that port to the internal IP for your PBX. If using the local IP works but using the public doesn't, then you know what to go check next.

Run these checks and let us know how it goes

Hi @nurv

There are a few things to keep in mind

• If your public IP changes, the FQDN will still point to the old one. Access the server using your public IP (for example https://81.x.x.x:5001)
  • You can also try accessing it using your local IP ie. https://10.x.x.x:5001
  • The PBX only answers on port 5001 if the firewall has forwards sending that port to the internal IP for your PBX. If using the local IP works but using the public doesn't, then you know what to go check next.
Run these checks and let us know how it goes
Hi @JohnS_3CX
I tried accessing the server using the public IP address and the local internal IP address and I still had no luck in connecting.
I have a static IP for my public IP and so this should not change.
I have also checked the Firewall and have port forwarding enabled on 5001 to the internal IP of the VM that is hosting 3CX.

have you tried from internal IP ?

I am running V15.5 on a Windows 10 WM which is hosted on my QNAP NAS using the vistualization station
Is the firewall on Win 10 disabled?
Is the NAT and DHCP Server disabled in your Virtual Switch (QNAP)?

Launch Chrome inside the Windows 10 VM and type 127.0.0.1:5000 it should load the 3CX management console.

Then if you believe the MC is no longer accessible via the local IP, the next thing to try is to check the task manager under the services tab, and see if any 3CX services have stopped running. Sort by description to make it easier, they will all appear on top. Ignore the Hotel Service.

Also under processes, you need to see PostgreSQL running similar to this:

By the way, running your PBX on QNAP may not be the best idea performance-wise, especially since you are using Windows 10 as a guest OS rather than Debian 9 which is much lighter on resources.

Depending on how much CPU power and RAM the QNAP has, and depending on what type of hypervisor the machine provides, it may not be stable enough for production use.

I think there was some Windows Update and the Windows 10 restarted. After restarted, Windows Firewall and Defender turn on blocked 3CX.

Launch Chrome inside the Windows 10 VM and type 127.0.0.1:5000 it should load the 3CX management console.

Then if you believe the MC is no longer accessible via the local IP, the next thing to try is to check the task manager under the services tab, and see if any 3CX services have stopped running. Sort by description to make it easier, they will all appear on top. Ignore the Hotel Service.
View attachment 13548

Also under processes, you need to see PostgreSQL running similar to this:
View attachment 13549
Thankyou for that. For some odd reason some of the 3CX services had stopped running even though they were set to run automatically on startup.

Manage to get back access to the management console.

By the way, running your PBX on QNAP may not be the best idea performance-wise, especially since you are using Windows 10 as a guest OS rather than Debian 9 which is much lighter on resources.

Depending on how much CPU power and RAM the QNAP has, and depending on what type of hypervisor the machine provides, it may not be stable enough for production use.
This is for a small intercom system system home that I was testing. I have taken your advise and I have just installed the V16 on Debian on another VM machine to upgrade from V15.5.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.