Cannot access Management Console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jonathanc, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathanc

I cannot access the 3CX Management Console even from the 3CX server itself. All was well until yesterday I added some contacts, and when I came to open the Console later the browser screen said 'Loader' for 1 minute before the 3CX Management Console login screen appeared. I entered the usual details, and then after another minute got the message 'Server error'. I've rootled around this forum quite a bit, but no-one seems to have had exactly the same problem with the same set-up as I have.

It's worrying that the PbxConfigToolRenewCertificates.log is reporting under "ServicesList:" "3CXPhoneSystemMC01": "NotFound".

Windows Services reports that the following relevant services ARE running:
    3CX Event Notification Manager
    3CX PhoneSystem 01 AudioProvider
    3CX PhoneSystem 01 Configuration Server
    3CX PhoneSystem 01 IVR Server
    3CX PhoneSystem 01 Queue Manager Server
    3CX PhoneSystem 01 SIP Server
    3CX PhoneSystem 01 SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy
    3CX PhoneSystem 01 System Server
    3CX PhoneSystem Database Server
    3CX PhoneSystem Media Server
    3CX PhoneSystem Nginx Server

. . . but no mention of anything to do with Management Console - although yesterday, that service WAS listed, but refused to start. After several reboots, it has disappeared altogether.

All the extensions are still working fine for internal, outgoing and incoming calls, which is why I haven't tried a re-install of 3CX.

Any ideas, please, folks?

3CX v15.5
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1709 (OS build 16299.309)
    Intel i5-2400
    8 GB RAM
    No disks anywhere near full

Many thanks in advance

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jonathanc

Make sure that you are sorting by name and not by state as this could cause the service to disappear.
    Also are you running any antivirus software or any cleaning software on the server that might have tampered with the service? Is the server dedicated for 3CX?

3. jonathanc

Manny thanks, @YannisH_3CX, for your swift response.

Yes, the contacts were sorted by (first) name.

I disabled Bullguard Internet Security on the server, rebooted and tried to access the console again, but with the same negative results.

The server is not dedicated to 3CX (we don't have enough VoIP traffic for that) but 3CX has worked on it through various versions for years now with only minor hiccups. I've never not been able to get into the console before.

Windows 10 did insist on updating itself twice today; but that was after the problem occurred. As far as I'm aware, the only change was in adding the contacts.

I haven't tried a system restore yet: might that help?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Do you have a backup of the system? If so i would recommend a re-install as i have never seen a service of the PBX disappear before. If not the you can create a backup from Command line using the following guide https://www.3cx.com/docs/backup-restore-command-line/

5. jonathanc

Funnily enough, I did a backup immediately after adding the contacts, and duly received an email saying: "Backup of 'C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Backups\20180320.zip' is completed successfully". But when I looked for it today with File Explorer it wasn't there! Weird. But I do have a backup made towards the end of January, and not much has changed since then except the contacts.

I will do as you say, though, and then re-install. Wish me luck!

Many thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.