Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot Access Passive Server On New Lightsail Instance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wendelspanswick, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:37 PM.

1. Wendelspanswick

Wendelspanswick New Member

We have an Enterprise Licence on our active server which is hosted on UKFast and we have set up a passive server on Amazon Lightsail using PBXExpress and the same licence details.
    Everything seemed to go perfectly, the management console opened up, the FQDN switched to the passive server so I opened the licence on the active server and restarted the services so the FQDN reverted back to the active server.
    But I can no longer web browse to the IP of the passive server, it just says `Refuses to connect`, I tried from a different network in case I'd been blacklisted but still nothing.
    The instance shows the VM up and running, Terminal Window shows the services as running, I've rebooted the instance but nothing.

2. Wendelspanswick

Wendelspanswick New Member

Solved it, had to go in via port 443 even though the instance has a custom access of 5001?
    Capture.PNG

#2 Wendelspanswick, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:45 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  3. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Aren't the services supposed to be stopped on the passive server? Honestly it took so long for the fail-over component to come out we don't use it so I've never tested it. Just failing over the VM is much easier and more robust in most cases. Were it active-active that would be another story.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Wendelspanswick

You mentioned the passive instance was installed through PBX express. In that case post 443 is always used. I see some issues with failover if you are using different ports on the 2 servers so i would recommend re-installing one of the two instances so they are identical.