Cannot activate on Windows 2012 server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Leonidas, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonidas

Hi there,

totally new with 3CX and in this forum.
    I am trying to make fresh installation of 3cx v12 on a windows 2012 server VM on esxi Host.

When i try to activate i get a warning message:
    Could not contact License Key Server. Please check your internet connection on the computer running 3cx phone System. If you are using an http proxy server, you need to configure proxy settings from Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections.

I managed to install it and activate it on Windows 7 but i want it on 2012.

I have access to internet, i can telnet on 443 on 80.237.157.56 which this seems to be the IP of the license key server judging from my firewall logs.

Can you please advice?

2. layton

Just saw this last week when I was installing on a v12 regular (non-virtual) Server 2012. If I remember correctly, the issue was that box had two NICs and they were both enabled in the OS even though only one was actually connected to the LAN. Disabling the 2nd NIC resolved the issue.

HTH

Chad

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Activation utilizes the interface's MAC address.. I believe the limit is activations for a key against five MACs before it will fail to activate.. but I don't think the message would be like this (haven't done it myself..).

Came up in a training conference.. a problem on Hyper-V PBX VMs and dynamic MACs.. but may be applicable here as well?..

Forgot to mention.. call support. It was the answer for that situation.. may also fit for yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.