• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot Activate

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeroendo

Customer
Reaction score
I just purchased a pro license and I'm trying to activate it but keep getting an error that activation.3cx.com is down.
Tried it from different ISPs and even on isitdownrightnow.com tells me it is not responding from there as well.
Anyone know anything about this or how to get around it?

You can currently nslookup activation.3cx.com but not ping either the domain name or IP that it is associated with. Obviously as you have found out you need the server to activate your licence.

It looks to me like it maybe down for maintenance or something like that - best mail 3CX support from your partner portal for confirmation.

Yeah that's what it seems like, it is completely down. I emailed the people we bought it from since we don't have a partner portal login or anything yet. Thank you for looking in to it.

Change DNS of 3CX server to Google's 8.8.8.8 and try again.

I have verified with multiple end entries, through multiple ISPs, and isitdownrightnow.com.

I have verified with multiple end entries, through multiple ISPs, and isitdownrightnow.com.

Hi @xeroendo ,

The server is fully operational. As sip.bg mentioned use Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) and try again. Also keep in mind that the server is not listening on port 80 so don't expect a response if you are just visiting the domain (that's probably the reason isitdownrightnow.com also returns false)

Ah I see. I wasn't aware of the port being different. I'm not sure where I can change the DNS on the 3CX server though, I'm on the linux install.

Actually I found it now, trying it and hopefully it works this time1

Either into /etc/network/interfaces in primary interface configuration or rather into /etc/resolv.conf edit the following record:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
Restart networking service or reboot the system afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.