Cannot add External Agent number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MartinC, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartinC

Okay, I'm feeling really dumb here. Can anyone advise on how you add an External Agent for a Call Queue? The 'Add' button is greyed out when I create a new queue so I figure I'm missing a step somewhere.

I'm running version 12 Standard hosted in IIS on Server 2012 R2 and browsing through Firefox 34 (tried IE10/11 and Chrome as well).

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am going to go out on a limb here -

I just compared a standard version of V12 versus a Pro edition. Both are paid versions. The standard version shows the "add external agent" option as you indicated - "grayed out". In the Pro edition, it is available to use.

The documentation indicates that the feature is supported by either the standard or Pro, but the results I saw seem to indicate otherwise or there is an additional setting in the advanced settings that needs to be made. I did not see a setting and then thought that perhaps it might be related to the ring strategy. I tried to change that as well, but to no avail.

I do not know if this is an oversight in the feature set or in the documentation...or even in how I tried to compare. Contact your reseller and let them file a ticket with 3CX.

3. MartinC

Thanks for confirming it's not just me Ineblett, I don't feel quite so dumb now :lol:

4. MartinC

Just in case anyone else finds themselves in the same situation, it turns out that the External Agent feature is in fact only available on the Pro license. I'm guessing that the documentation is will be updated at some point so that it reflects this.

5. karl800

Hi,
    Hope this is useful for you guys, I also had this and drove me mad for a few hours.
    I eventually found a setting in the Advanced settings, enabled it and the External Agent Feature in the Queues started work a treat.

This is on v12
    You need go to
    -Settings
    -General
    -Global Options(Tab)

Then here under System Wide Settings, first line tick option that says "Allow forwarding to external numbers in Ring Groups and Queues"

Only annoying apart is that when you still check Extension status, it still shows away and not available, when you ring out, you don't see it showing ringing out on that extension.

Cheers

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Karl800, could you please confirm which version you are running. I just looked at another v12 standard version and it has the option enabled, but the add ability is still grayed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.