Solved Cannot add Polycom 'type' phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benf, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benf

Hi all, brand new install of v15.5 bringing a client from another system. we have @ 70 Polycom VVX 500s. When I goto 'add' the phone and put in the MAC address and click OK the window doesnt close it just sits there. if i change it to Aastra with the same MAC it accepts it and puts it into the extension.

I happened to notice as well that under the provisioning folder i do not see a MAC.cfg file we are coming from asterisk systems so Im expecting to see config files here either way I would think?

thank you!

2. aberry

aberry New Member

Config files are generated on demand now, so they don't show in the folder anymore. I just went through and added a polycom vvx500 without any issue. Have you customized the provisioning file at all?

3. benf

I dont think so. I basically imported extensions, I grabbed the polycom vvx firmware file as requested by the walk through and then I went and got the MAC for the phone and tried to associate it. I can use the same MAC and click on Aastra and some other Polycom IP but no VVX and no Yealink, any of those if i drop a mac address and click ok nothing happens.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

Seems to be working for me. If I pick a mac that is already in use it will give me a little error below the MAC field. Also it doesn't let me use dashes, which I have always thought was a bit funny. Maybe try a reboot or different browser. I know 3CX doesn't behave well in internet explorer.

5. benf

it turned out that the passwords we pulled from the asterisk server were too long, you dont get an error message but nothing happens. Once we resolved this we can add the MAC and image.

One thing I noticed too is when I made a few 'fake' ones like 11111111 there are cfg files named those but i did 20 phones now and there isnt one mac.cfg , and i am not getting configs on a reboot with opt66 or even manually entering the info in provisioning server of the polycom .. very weird.

6. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

In v15 the config files are generated on the fly, there is no stored copy. You can access them by accessing the provisioning url in a browser (http://ipof3CX:5000/provisioning/garbage/{MACaddress}.cfg

7. benf

Just to close this out. the extension passwords were too long. I had imported these from an asterisk system and everything looks fine. Once we shortened the password to 12 characters we were able to create and attach the phone profiles. Just a followup this was basically for all phone profiles not just polycom.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.