Cannot add voip provider: An exception occurred AccountDetai

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by meshuga, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meshuga

I did not do any sort of upgrade and when I goto Add Voip Provider I get:

An exception occurred AccountDetails Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am using 4 digit extensions so the patch at:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/can-not-add-voip-provider-after-upgrade-8638-15.html

does me no good. Any other ideas?

I have tried:
    Generic SIP Trunk
    Generic VOIP Provider
    Generic VOIP Provider (compatibility)

I have setup half a dozen other setups fine without this error.

2. meshuga

I really don't want to have to reconfigure everything I just got done setting up all the extensions.

Any ideas guys? This is a fresh install with 2 dozen extensions, but without being able to add providers I lose alot of functionality..

3. discovery1

discovery1 Member

What is your configuration - OS and Version?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. meshuga

OS is Windows 2003, version is latest from the website. I don't have that system handy but I could plug it in if anyone has any suggestions. I have got this before at the beginning and did a full uninstall and reinstall and it fixed it, but I don't want to do that in case I hose the data.

Sorry in the delay, it never emailed me when a reply was posted.
    Thanks!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would hope that you've done a back-up. If it comes down to having to do a reinstall then you haven't lost all your work. If you've installed 3CX successfully in the past then I would suspect the problem is with the computer you are installing it on this time, and unfortunately, that leaves a lot of variables. Have you only tried one install on this particular machine? If a re-install in the past fixed this sort of thing then I would suspect some corruption during the first install.

6. telica

I had a very similar problem to this and it was because my licence number had not been registered on the 3CX properly.

The Best way to check is to open the "3CX Assistant" log it on to an extension and see if it shows "Free Version".

If it does then simply re-enter your licence information and restart the services.

Many Thanks

Steve

7. ciscotech2007

sounds like a DB error and/or web server error, probably web server or web data issue. Besides rebuilding or restarting either from 3CX development... only way I got around this was a full backup and reinstall (using install checker to remove all old versions).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.