Cannot answer calls while in ring group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by t4mack, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4mack

I have this problem.
    My phone is included on RingGroup1.
    I make or receive a call, then when I'm speaking, 3CX receive a call and send this call to RingGroup1.
    Now i end my call (when RingGroup1 is ringing) and i suppose that my phone must ring (because my phone is in RingGroup1), but my phone remain silence.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't believe that your phone will start ringing if you hang up an call after the ringroup has already begun ringing. If you had the same extension number appearing on another key on your set AND set the extension options in 3CX to use the set for busy status, then you could answer the call on the other key once you hung up.

3. pjr

pjr New Member

by default ring groups are set to use PBX status to detect if the user is on a call or not - even if the extension is set to use phone status.

If you go into Settings > Advanced > Custom Parameters and change the ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP parameter to 1 and restart the 3CX services, this will enable call waiting on calls to the ring group and should solve your problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. StaffKB

Hi there,

Leejor is correct. The phone wont ring if the call was hung up after the ringroup has already begun ringing

Please change setting to Use Phone Status under the Forwarding rules TAB.

Then go to Settings > Advanced > Custom Paramaters

Search for ALLOW

Change ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP from 0 to 1.

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. t4mack

Thanks for the assistance. This is how I currently have that extension setup. I was just trying to find out if I would be able to free up a line for that phone. I read in another post that to correct this issue the calls would have to be going to a ring que. But the problem with that is that when the call goes to the ring que there would have to be an auto attendent for the que. That is a problem because we want calls to go strait to the receptionist without going to an attendant.

6. t4mack

I'm sorry disregard the last post. I will post back after changing the setting.

7. t4mack

Thanks guys. This has fixed the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.