Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot assign extension to phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PatrickT, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickT

Hi
    This is a new install of 3cx for windows ver 15. The software install went fine. The rouiter ports are all opened and checked OK. I connected a Fanvil C58 phone to the lan and 3cx found it. I created an extension. But when I try to assign an extension to the phone I get the following error:-

Internal Server Error(500)

System.ArgumentException: Value should present in the Values array
    Parameter name: value
    at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgStringsEnum.set_NameValue(String value)
    at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgStringsEnum.set_Value(Object value)
    at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgNetworkDevice.AssignToExistingExtension(ICfgExtensionEditor newExtensionEditor, ICfgPhoneDevice& newPhoneDevice)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.PhoneListController.AssignPhoneToExtension(Object extension, Int32 phoneDeviceId)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__28.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__18.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

I've tried everything I can think of to rectify this but to no avail. Can anyone help??

Many Thanks
    PatrickT

2. pjk

pjk

Same exact issue funny I came here to post a topic about this and saw yours

at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgNetworkDevice.AssignToExistingExtension(ICfgExtensionEditor newExtensionEditor, ICfgPhoneDevice& newPhoneDevice)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.PhoneListController.AssignPhoneToExtension(Object extension, Int32 phoneDeviceId)

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is it something (a bug?) to do with the set being a Fanvil (pjk doesn't mention make of set used), or a conflict with another extension? I only mention that because of this...

4. pjk

pjk

I am using Grandstrm GXV3275

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are either of you able to create any other extension (number), or provision any other (physical) set? Trying to narrow down if it is a set, or number issue.

6. PatrickT

I have created two extensions - 100 and 101. I can't assign either of them to the phone.

Hope this helps

Thanks

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Your issue probably comes from the fact that both the models you mentioned are not supported and there are no templates for them in version 15. So when the 3CX server tries to pull the template to assign them to an extension you get the error.
    To provision these phones you will have to do it manually and not through plug and play

Hope this helps

8. pjk

pjk

That's not the issue because it works for other phones that are the same model with identical firmware and config.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Can you assign those extension numbers to any other sets?

Can you assign some other (random?) number , to the set in question?

10. PatrickT

I've assigned 100 to 3cx softphone - don't know if that counts

11. aaronouthier

Hello,
    I am having a similar issue. It started to occur when going from 15 to 15.5 beta, and still persists on 15.5 release.
    Pertinent Details:
    Phones: Grandstream GXP1405 IP Phone (4 of them); Cisco SPA122 ATA, configured manually.

I have 1 Grandstream on the local network, and 1 on a remote network via 3cx SBC. The other 2 Grandstreams are unplugged for now. The ATA is also going via the SBC.

ATA Reports it is Registered. 3cx Console reports ATA in online, but unprovisioned.

Both Grandstream Phones appear on the list of Phones in 3CX Management Console.I then click on "Assign Extension", and select my desired extension from the list. When I click OK, it barfs at me:

diamondra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.