• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot call a Call queue from its extension number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravaka

Reaction score
Hello Community,

I have set up a Call Queue with extension 80000.
Its SIP address is supposed to be 80000@FQDN:5060

I know it can be call internally from other extensions but the need is to be able to call it from external call, not via its DID Number but via its SIP address.

I'm trying to call it directly from an external address but the 3cx PS respond with code 404 Not found.

It is possible ? If not ? Why ?

Thanks

Hi @Ravaka ,

in order for Direct SIP to work you first need to enable "Allow calls from/to external SIP URIs" under Settings>Network>FQDN.
The other thing you need is SIP ID for the extension that you want to call. Since queues cannot have SIP IDs, what you could do is create a dummy extension that always forwards to the desired queue and set the SIP ID of that extension to whatever you want the caller to call.
For example, create extension 80001 and set the SIP ID as "queue", then forward this extension to queue 80000. Anyone that places a Direct SIP call to queue@FQDN will go directly to the queue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer.
Sounds OK for me but I dont understand why Call Queue cannot have SIP ID ?

Glad it helped!
I may have used the wrong word there, it's not that it's impossible, it's just that in 3CX there is no option to do this.

Ah OK.

Maybe in future updates ?

Thanks

Hi
System extensions by definition do not have a sip id. Its only for user extensions.
However, i'm not sure you will need direct sip anymore.
Question: From what client/s or apps will you trigger the direct sip calls? Can you explain further your scenario? I might be able to suggest something better for you.

Currently, the direct sip call is made from a web browser (WEBRTC capable browserslike Firefx, Chrome and Edge) using SIPjs and ONSIP account (www.onsip.com).

ONSIP extension (Sipjs) <----> ONSIP proxy | 3cx proxy <----> 3cx Extension (3cx softphone)

The ideal scenario fro us is to register a 3cx extension address on SIPjs web based phone, but as far as I know, at current, 3cx does not expose any API for the web client to do the SIP signalling from web browser.

3cx extension (Sipjs) <----> 3cx proxy <----> 3cx Extension (3cx softphone)

I know 3cx provides in its latest version (v15.5) a webclient but unfortunately, it does not match the client requirements on some points.

About that, is there a plan for 3cx to provide an API for web developers, in future release ?

Regards

I figured you would be using Webrtc or some sort of derivative. Hence why I asked.

What is the project goal? Why you need onsip? Are you bridging onsip to 3CX? Can't you do same approach and either go onsip only or 3CX only. Why you need to mix?

2) Use webrtc. What is missing in webrtc? You have MORE. Audio, Video, screensharing - Its in queues, queues have a Webrtc link so you can call it from anywhere..

Plus we are soon going to extend this with new features and a sip phreaker which can route a webrtc to sip call.
What webclient requirements we are not matching? Maybe we can change this post and spawn some ideas.

No we dont want to register a 3CX extension to talk to some other webclient. 3CX Webclient will he the phone driver. It will speak to a 3CX Pbx.

Yes we will extend API's - definitely. ETA is not sure. But we will.

1. The goal is to put a web call button inside a web page (similarly like click to call Chrome extension but inside web page) and both endpoints should running on 3cx Only (the caller, the callee, and PBX), Upon click, this button should open a web based phone for the caller, much simpler than current 3cx webclient but cannot be customized as needed on our side.

2. Nothing is missing in WEBRTC button advanced customization is missing on 3cx webclient at its current state.

3. The 3CX extension dont have to talk to other web client, it will talk to other 3cx extensions on the same PBX. That's it.

4. Good to hear that extension is in future plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.