Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot call specific number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by livn46, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livn46

I have a user who is attempting to call a specific number in Nigeria (we are located in the United States). He has tried 4 calls, and I have now tried 3 calls. Every attempt fails: about half of the time the logs have SIP response code "606 Not Acceptable", and half of the time the logs have SIP response code "403 Forbidden". What could be going on here? We have made other calls to Nigeria successfully, but it's something about this particular number? Is it a codec issue? I tried with only GSM and G.722 enabled, and then again with all codecs enabled, and both failed. I'm not sure what else to try.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Best bet is to call your provider and see what the reason for the error is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In some cases, calls will fail (be blocked) if the number being called incurs a "larger than usual" connection charge, especially if the provider has has past experiences with the number, or number range. As suggested, your provider can confirm.

4. daktur

daktur New Member

I Think this is a provider problem not a pbx issue. I had the same problem with Broadvoice and they figured out since i was calling *rare* number or unknown provider numbers the system does not know how to route the call properly and it simply timeouts the try.

One of the number I was try is something like *31110000 for example...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.