• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cannot change rate "1" to "0" in Call Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin Mammadov

Free User
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to change default rate "1" to "0" in Call Cost in 3CX V15. But when I change it to 0 it gives an error, invalid number. It was not so in 3CX V14.

Hi elvin,

What version of 3CX phone system are you on? What OS the 3cx phone system is hosted? Also, please let us know what native language your OS has?

We are running 3CX V15 in Windows Server 2012 R2 English.

Attachments

• callcost.jpg
    callcost.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
Hi Elvin,

Could you please clarify why you need to change the default setting from "1" to "0"?

I have created rules for mobile calls in Call Cost settings. It works well. But since it is free to call to Land lines, I wanted to create rule for local calls, but default rate is 1 and can't change it to 0. So I tried to change default setting. Actually my purpose is not change default setting 1 to 0, I just want to create rule for local calls with 0 rate. If I keep local calls rule with "1" rate, then it calculates land line calls with "1" rate instead of "0". Result 1 min call is 1 $.

Screenshot of call cost.

Attachments

• callcost2.jpg
    callcost2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 29
Please help.

Same on the linux version, setting costs to 0 is not possible

If we can't do this, every call to land line calculates money and we are getting confused. Then having this call cost function does not make sense.

Just a small update on this, this should be addressed in V15 SP6 once it is released.

When will SP6 be released?

No ETA on that yet, but the the fix for this will be built into it.

Please also fix manual ip configuration in 3CX Linux. During installation, if I confugure manual ip, after installation, the message comes: Waiting for network. If I select DHCP, there is no problem. Many people encountered this problem.

Hi All,

@Elvin Mammadov
When you configure the network manually do you remember what did you type on the name server address field? Also when the system asked you to type the IP address, did you add the netmask in this format "/XX"? Please find below screenshots and try it and let us know if the issue still persists.
We tried to replicate your issue and we cannot reproduce it.

upload_2017-3-15_15-40-27.png

upload_2017-3-15_15-40-39.png

upload_2017-3-15_15-40-50.png

upload_2017-3-15_15-41-0.png

I did the same method as you offered, but the result is same again. Other people also faced this problem and it has been offered to add again ip configuration in Debian Recovery mode. You can have a look at this link. https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/3cx-linux-waiting-for-network.48073/
With this method, it begins to work, but this is not easy way, because you have to do the same thing twice.
I don't know why this has been so problematic.
Also I want to mention that after configuring the ip address, hostname and domain name it is going to select a language.
The last image didn't come as you have.
https://www.3cx.com/community/attachments/upload_2017-3-15_15-41-0-png.5432/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phiiit
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.