Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

cannot collect/pick up a call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tugi2o, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugi2o

Hi,

if a phone is ringing & i try to pick up the call from the ringing extension, this doesn't work.

i dial *20*<ringing ext>, for example *20*10.

Do you have same problems?

2. fsparkys

Good Morning Gents

I need some assistance with this issue too, i currently have 4 nortel 1140e ip phones we can dial to each other but when one picks one up the handset it keeps on riging, i have updated the phones with the latest firmware for sip.

3. Tugi2o

i use 3cx assistant, latest version ... need fast help :(

4. bangsjaman

Seems like I have the same problem, cant pickup using dial codes from neither queue or extension..

Pickup using 3CX Assistant seems to work.

5. fsparkys

does anybody have an answer to this, im sure there must be a guru out there that Knows this system inside out.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Try this version

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXAssistantSetup90_13537.exe

Let me know how it goes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bangsjaman

Hi Nick

Well, it dint work for me from the 3CX phone. But since this thread reports of same problem from nortel IP Phones, to fix this must require an server update and not "only" an asisstant update?
    For me it works rightcliking a call in the assistant and select pickup but not *20*ext

Benjamin

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi - yes you are right.

I thought that this post was related to a pickup problem in the assistant. That was the only issue I knew of related to pickup.

I cannot reproduce this - pickup works perfectly.

Did pickup ever work on these phones before? What are the phones mentioned in this post?

Try this with softphones - (Xlite, 3CXPhone etc) If it works, open a support ticket - fw your phone manufacturer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. fsparkys

hello nick

i have set these phones up with sipxecs and they work fine, i then install these on 3cx system and im still having problems picking the phones up, i can dial voicemail or digital receptionist and works fine, but dialing another extension i have no joy, it rings but unable to answer calls, ie dial ex 200, phone rings pick up receiver and its still ringing. but on the sipxecs seems to work fine without problems. but i dont want sipxecs id like to use 3cx. is there a patch i need to use or something. i dont really want to use softphone or the assistance program we encourage not to have pc on for the sake of these phones to work.

somebody help me :idea:

10. Tugi2o

Hi,

with Assistant / Phone Version 13537 i can pick up/collect a call ;) now it's working - thank you!!!

Tugi

11. south

After installing the new version of the phone system 9 RC2 we also have this issue of not being able to pickup calls on Yealink, Linksys, and 3CX Soft phones.

Outgoing calls work just fine, calls incoming configured to go direct to voice mail work just fine as well.

Has anyone a work around or solution to this?

Cheers.

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

@bangsjaman - Nortel IP phones are not supported by 3CX. You can not use them with 3CX.....

13. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Have you installed the new Assistant AND PBX? Or just the PBX?

14. bangsjaman

@Nick, I am not using Nortel phones, another user was. I am using the 3CX softphone and I am not able to pickup calls with the newest assistant. Havent tried with the newly released PBX yet.

15. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, I would like to suggest to do the following -
    1. Take a backup and Install latest RC2 - http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem9.exe
    2. Install this build and restore your backup.
    3. Uninstall completely Call Assistant.
    4. To Install Call Assistant you have 2 options -
    > Send a welcome email and provision assistant with phone
    > Enter manual configuration and select option in Dialing - Make Call using 3cx Phone
    5. Also check your rights - in the management console, if you put your extension under Management - You have full rights.
    6. IF you are creating s new Extension Group (Please be sure that you give him Administrative Rights) ie. go to the group and you will have a tab named <Rights>. Select the Extension you are giving rights too and select the options below.
    7. Now try to Pick up Calls.

If you will need any assistance let me know.
    Please let us know if you still have this problem.
    I am sure that this works and probably you do not have rights for that particular extension.

Thanks and Regards

16. bangsjaman

With the newest PBX it worked for me to pickup call to other extensions.

But I can still not pickup calls from queues with *20*<queue no.>

But maybe I am not supposed to do so?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.