Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot connect 3CX phone system Web API

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Virutas3CX, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virutas3CX

Hi team,

I'm going crazy with these scenarios, because in one of them 3CX phones for Windows show the message when register "...couldn't connect with 3cx Phone System Web API...", so I suppose that is why we cannot use Webmeeting conferences (3cx online servers).

Site 1: 3cx v14 lab, public FQDN, no firewall. --> OK!!!! (NO web api message, can create webconferences...)

Site 2: 3cx v14, FQDN not published to internet, firewall but all openned incoming/outcoming. --> FAIL!! (web api message, Create Conference option does not appear).

Tested with same version of 3cx phone for Windows (v14 and v15). Both of them fails on Site 1.

Any ideas?

Regards!

2. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Do you have any kind of network firewall? We have ISA and had to add certain URLs to the whitelist for this to work.

3. petrusali

Yes, I have ISA / TMG on our system. What rule should I add?

4. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

If I recall correctly, you'll have to open the 3cx config file from the welcome email in notepad. Then you'll want to unblock the addresses in these tags:

Code:
      <MyPhoneServerLocalAddr></MyPhoneServerLocalAddr>
      <MyPhoneServerPublicAddr></MyPhoneServerPublicAddr>
      <MyPhoneServerLocalSSLAddr></MyPhoneServerLocalSSLAddr>
      <MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr></MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.