Cannot Connect to DB Server - Invalid Password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MikeA, May 23, 2007.

1. MikeA

I posted this in a similar thread but got no response. I sent a message to [removed] but have not received a response. So I am trying one last time to get this application to work by posting a new thread.

I have version free version 3CX Phone System v3.0.1928.0. I can log in but I cannot get access to the database. I am not logging in as localhost but as http://127.0.0.1:5481/login.php?action=2. I would think that would not make a difference but it may.

If that is the problem how can I change localhost to 127.0.0.1 for the database?

If that is not the problem, how can I solve the problem so I can use the Management Console?

As indicated in another post in the other thread, I changed the database access to trusted and not I get past the above message but it cannot connect to the database server. The error message is

Can't connect to the database server

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: role "admin" does not exist
    #0 D:\3CXPhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(35): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'admin', 'admin')
    #1 D:\3CXPhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(36): CallContext->getConnection()
    #2 D:\3CXPhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(19): fExtension->getData()
    #3 D:\3CXPhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()
    #4 {main}

Why is this so difficult right out of the box so to speak. I hope the enterprise edition is not like this. And how do I get help to solve this? I've installed it twice.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

2. NigelG

Hi Mike,

What operating system are you running the 3CX server on ? and is it part of a domain or standalone.

Rgds
    NigelG

3. MikeA

Windows XP SP2
    Personal Computer so it is standalone

I am current on all Windows patches, even the stupid IE7 security patch that made IE7 no longer work due to it having the temp Internet files moved from the original location.

Thanks.

Mike

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

well its not out of the box is it? You have changed things on the database.

Please install on a clean machine and do not make any changes to the database and you will see it all works fine.

5. MikeA

I've installed it twice that way and it did not work as indicated in this message thread. It did NOT work out of the box so I followed instructions in the thread to try to get it to work.

I will find a different application to fulfill my needs. This one is obviously faulty.

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Mike,

In that case i misunderstood your initial post. Apologies. I will contact you by email to further troubleshoot this.