Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Cannot connect with Webmeeting v15.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by palldredge@tranztec.com, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palldredge@tranztec.com

We have just upgraded from v15 to v15.5. I am trying to get the webmeeting to work. The link to https://xxxx.3cx.net/webrtc/open/xxxxx works fine, and we get the page for the 'guest' to log into the meeting. Once clicking on 'Log in' we get the message "Can't connect to https://DOMAIN:443/myphone'. DOMAIN resolves correctly both inside and outside to the correct addresses. I don't see anything in the 'myphone' folder that provide any services. Where do I need to go to confirm/correct this connection URL?

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @palldredge@tranztec.com

Please do check the following for further assistance:

Have you open the appropriate ports on your firewall? (you can find them here)
    PBX ports(Mandatory): MyPhone port: 443/5001 HTTPS port

Make sure that the Webmeeting servers are not blacklisted ( Dashboard>>Blacklisted IPs) are listed as allow under Action.

Is your certificate a self-signed? Is your certificate valid? When do you type your FQDN on your browser do you get any certificate-wise errors?

Thank you, i 'l be waiting for your feedback

StefanW likes this.
  3. palldredge@tranztec.com

Solved. I thought we had an external certificate, but it was self-signed. I installed a GeoTrust cert and it works now.
    Curious behavior though. When testing the remote control feature, it did not seem to handle multiple monitors - it would appear that you were controlling the mouse on the shared screen, but in reality the cursor was on another screen.

4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad that your issue is solved.

Please do know, that the remote control feature supports one screen sharing at the time. When you press the screen sharing button a pop-up window shows up and it gives you the option to choose which screen you wish to share, if you want to change the displayed screen you can press the remote control button again and chose the new screen you wish to share.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.