Cannot create a bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by optixuk, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optixuk

Bridges > Add > Add Master

Nothing I add or amend will enable the OK button at the top and therefore I cannot create a new bridge.

Trevor

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Most probably this is because you used the free PBX Edition license and in that license the bridges are disabled by design.

We are working to make this information more prominent for the user - (like a ribbon at the top or something to indicate that features are not available)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. optixuk

Sorry but mo. I have an 8 user license that was sent to me when I registered for the download.

Trevor

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - when you registered for download, you got an 8 sim call license but unfortunately this is not the father Xmas edition ;) - this is the 3CX PBX Edition.

The 3CX PBX Edition is a free key that is given to you just by filling in a simple form. But it has some restrictions of course
    .. It lets you make 1 trunk only
    No queues or bridges or G729

But it gives you a whopping 8 sim calls for free so for a small business where you need a couple of IVR's, and clients it is perfect to get you started with 3CX.

Compared to the free edition we had before of 2 sim calls this is a major advantage..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. optixuk

OK, thanks, so how do we get a key that allows proper evaluation of the system?

We are 3CX resellers.

Trevor

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3CX Resellers should have a reseller account and you are entitled for an NFR License key - this is a fully licensed - not for resale license key used not only to evaluate the system but you can also use it in your business operations.
    You need to go via the sales channels for this. If you are a reseller then you have this channel open and available for you. The process that made you a 3CX reseller is the same process that will give you your 3CXNFR license key.

7. optixuk

My mistake, because our NFR license is shown in the portal as V14, I assumed it would not work for V15. I'll switch to this later on.

Trevor

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes for this period (until the alpha is out) the portal might give some wrong info..
    Once it is fully released then the portal will show the correct information.
    1) Get your pbx - take a backup and uninstall
    2) Download and install v15
    3) Restore backup (will reuse the key you have in the backup) And you can safely use your NFR key on 3CX V15 - dont worry.. Your key can go forward without restrictions for many years to come because NFR keys have many many years of maintenance

9. optixuk

Hi Nick
    Our NFR key was not in use as it is too small for our internal needs. I therefore edited the trial license and replaced it with this. Even after restarting the server, I still have the same problem of being unable to add a bridge.

License now reports like this...

Product 3CX Phone System Professional NFR Edition
    Version Number 14.0.0
    License Expires
    Support Maintenance 12/31/2050 12:00:00 AM
    Number of Simultaneous Calls 8
    Number of G729 Channels 4
    Number of Simultaneous Meeting Participants 4
    3CX Phone System Pro Edition features Yes

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I dont understand what you did with this

Send me login details pm and I will check what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.