Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot dial out from PAP2T

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by muaddib32, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muaddib32

Trying to set connect a fax machine to a Linksys PAP2T ATA and then to the 3CX.

The PAP2T is registering and if I connect a analog handset I can make internal phonecalls. The fax machine can receive faxes. However, either using the fax machine or analog handset I cannot make outbound calls. I just get a busy/engaged tone.

I imagine it is something simple but is someone able to point me in the right direction?

Regards
    Ben

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

PAP2T is not supported, especially for fax and I have had minimal luck with it.

If you need the 2 lines then replace it with the linksys SPA2102 and set one of the extensions as a fax extension in 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is a very recent firmware update for the 2102 that adds a few "fax friendly" options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.