Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cannot dial out using Phone For Windows

Discussion in 'Windows' started by markshehan, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I just installed 3cx phone for Windows v12 for the RC. I have all the new presence information and seems to be working well.

I noticed that it wanted to install it in the ProgramData directory not Program Files and I tried it in both but have the same problem.

If I type in a number and hit CALL, or double click another extension, or type it in the presence full screen, the call does not go through. Nothing happens and 3cx phone system does not seem to be getting the messages.

The phone is in CTI mode.

Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you confirmed, in the 3CX PBX log(s), that the call is not reaching the PBX?

This is on a local (same) LAN as the PBX, or is it remote?

Is the PC running any sort of Firewall programme? Have you tried disabling it, as a test?

3. abovepoint

I'm having the same problem, but I don't have a physical phone connected. I'm trying to figure out how to change it from CTI to SIP mode so that I can dial out. Having trouble finding the documentation for this and scouring the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I fixed mine (reboot of the PC was needed).

I sent you an email about yours.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.